Doing some holiday shopping? Here are some of the best LGBT-themed finds for under $40 on Etsy.com.
If you’re not familiar with Etsy, it’s a virtual marketplace for handmade and vintage crafts and gifts.
- Celebrate Harvey Milk art print — $35 — “This print was created in the WPA style of the 30’s – when political posters were really popular.
The paper is thick, matte, 100 percent recycled (50 percent post-consumer waste) and resembles a fiber-based photo rag paper. Printed with soy-based inks. Eco-friendly!”
- Equality Rights LGBT Canvas Same Sex marriage Art 6×14 — $35 — “Pick from 3 color styles….Gallery Wrapped on 3/4 inch solid wood. Ready to hang!”
- Girlfriend Sock Monkeys — $34.50 — “These two are girlfriends and can be purchased as a pair or individually. They are sporting a classic t-shirt/vest style with a cap. Each one is approximately 15 inches long.”
- Rainbow Bright Scarf — $27 — “This scarf is not for the faint of heart! Nine bright shades make this a more grown up- but still playful- version of the classic “roygbv”. 100 percent acrylic yarn includes: Red, Orange, Yellow, Lime, Emerald, Turquoise, Blue, *Violet, and Bright Pink.”
- Persistence — $25 — “Taken at a rally for marriage equality. simplest message, hardest to achieve. 8×10 in e-surface paper with lustre finish. available in larger sizes.”
- “Our Marriage Is Not Your Decision” – light gray print on a medium gray t-shirt — $20 — “Printed on fair trade, lightweight unisex cotton shirt by Alternative Apparel, very very soft fabric. Machine wash gently and dry on low heat.”
- Same-sex gingerbread couple ornaments — $15 — “Each Ornament is carefully hand painted by me. People always think they are glass, but they are actually made of Paper Mache. This makes them light but durable. When you drop them they bounce!! They are around 4 inches in diameter.”
- Mommies onesie — $10 — “Let your little one announce their love for both mommies. I created this onesie after trying to find a gift for my friends’ new bundle of joy. I had a hard time finding Lgbt friendly baby items ans so I decided to make my own. My friends liked it so much that I decided to make more for other Etsy families.”
- Gay rights pins, buttons and badges — $2.50 — “This is a set of six 1″ gay rights/LGBT pridge themed pins.”
— Theresa Bruskin